Thursday, December 23, 2010

Big Picture


Merry Christmas! It is December 23rd and I am anxiously anticipating the Christmas Eve Celebration that commences at 4:30pm and 6:30pm at Calvary Cross Link tomorrow evening. As far as I can tell, over 7,500 invitations have been extended and I am planning to preach the Gospel with clarity, calling everyone in attendance to Jesus! If you're in the Shenandoah Valley, you don't want to miss this special event.

Well, enough for the commercial! A few days ago, at the urging of my brother-in-law, I downloaded the "You Version" app for my I-Phone. This awesome little app is provided by LifeChurch.tv and their pastor, Craig Groeschel. I expected it to provide me quick references on scriptures and word searches when I needed them. However, when I looked over the features of this App, I noticed that it provides various plans for reading through the Bible. I noticed one, in particular, that gets you through the Bible in 90 days. I have never read the Bible, cover to cover, in that amount of time and, being the competitive natured person that I am, I took that plan as a challenge! So, I'm almost 10% through and I am loving it!!! Granted I've got a long way to go, but I am deeply committed to finishing this plan in 90 days!

This reading plan requires 14-16 chapters per day. I'm currently in Leviticus and getting a detailed look at the sacrificial system of Israel under the leadership of Moses. It doesn't sound like ground breaking stuff, but the more I read about the various sacrifices demanded of the Israelites, the more and more grateful I become for the Ultimate Sacrifice, the Lord Jesus Christ! This has led me to my Christmas Eve sermon, coming from John 1:29, "...John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"" Leviticus led me to John, which led me to Jesus which led me to the cross! That, I pray, is Christ centered preaching!

Once again, Merry Christmas! I pray God's best for you and your family into this new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment